Hi,

I want to resurrect log4j 1.x to fix well-known security issues.
I'm looking for the champion and committers.

log4j 1.x is a wildly used logging library, so releasing a secured version
would silence CVE warnings
all over the world, and it would enable users to focus on more relevant
tasks than "upgrading from log4j1 to log4j2".

I do not expect active log4j1 development, however, I would strongly focus
on fixing the security issues.

Unfortunately, there are lots of applications that can't easily upgrade to
log4j2, and they are exposed to security issues.
I did try my best cooperating with the current logging PMC, and it looks
like they
are not interested in fixing 1.x (see [1], [2], [3], [4])

I'm a member of PMC on Apache JMeter and Apache Calcite projects, so
I am familiar with the way Apache projects are governed.

[1]: https://lists.apache.org/thread/mlpb9v15r8qzpc58xnjn99r6tf9yy0p5
[2]: https://lists.apache.org/thread/hq2m11f1w9yp031r5f65b9h4ym2zy1kc
[3]: https://lists.apache.org/thread/tw172svxt1q6wds7lt9szyjw2sxjf34n
[4]: https://lists.apache.org/thread/y89v84okzs76g2yl760vx5yc0w1y4yd8