JB>Anyone can propose new releases on any branches (including old ones).
JB>If you need my support/help on this, please let me know.

I and the other contributors tried to suggest PRs, however, log4j pmc
actively denies them.
They suggest contributors should focus on polishing log4j 1->2
compatibility layer.
Making the compatibility 100% correct is hard, so I believe forcing
everybody to upgrade is not the right thing to do.

JB>Anyone can propose new releases on any branches (including old ones).

log4j pmc denies migrating from SVN to Git, so it is hard to even propose a
PR :( (see [4] in the first message)

JB>If you need my support/help on this

Did you mean "help with resurrecting" or "help with convincing log4j pmc
accepting PRs"? :)

Vladimir