Hi Vladimir,

I think based on what you're describing and the Logging PMC's response,
re-incubating the project makes sense.  I would be curious if the Logging
PMC would be interested in restarting the sub-project after a successful
incubation period.  This seems to match what Ralph is suggesting as well.

Typically this would mean that the VP Logging PMC would serve as the
champion, and as the sponsor the Logging PMC would still be the one to vote
to add the project to the incubator.  If the VP Logging isn't interested in
doing this, I would recommend starting out the project as a standalone
podling and keeping the Incubator as sponsor rather than Logging.  See [1]
for some details on those notes.  The incubator would be responsible for
voting on releases, receiving notices for new PPMC members, etc regardless
of who is the sponsor.  Given enough contributors and a diverse contributor
base then the Incubator PMC and the Logging PMC (if they're the sponsor)
would vote whether everyone feels the new project can be brought back to
the Logging project.  We can also decide as it gets closer to graduation to
move the podling into a sub-project if that's what everyone agrees.

I would be up for helping you get through the incubator.  If VP Logging
doesn't want to own the sponsorship part, I can be your Champion.

John

[1]: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#background