The discussion continues here because the Logging PMC is intransigent and
non-responsive to the concerns already well established by parties on this
thread. I don't see how this can be resolved without you "giving in".
Perhaps that is the problem, but I don't want to be an armchair
psychiatrist, I just want a logging library without known security bugs
that remains compatible with existing code and configuration formats and
does not force me to transitively upgrade/rebuild/modify the world.