Have the initial committers for this effort been identified?

> On Dec 22, 2021, at 10:28 AM, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Matt>Attaching patches to Jira is exactly how v1 was developed back in the
> day. V2 did it for some time as well before migrating to git
>
> Matt, let us please refrain from off-topic discussions here? (at the end of
> the day, this is "Looking for a champion" thread)

IMO - this effort would not benefit from Incubation. Incubation will slow down
this effort as graduation requirements won’t fit a small and compact community
that has in mind a singular effort.

Alternatives ways to organize this:

(1) Get at least 3 Apache Members together (IPMC members are almost all Apache
Members) and make a Board Resolution to form a new PMC. Fork the resources, or
Logging turns them over.

(2) Work within the Logging PMC

(3) Ask the Commons PMC if they would take back Log4J 1.x.

Regards,
Dave