I know Vladimir but let's do things in order, if we move in all ways it
will fail.
Incubating log4j1 will fail as I epxlained - not even sure incubator would
let it be incubated since project is official dead for everybody and can
only get security fixes (incubator is to ensure you can build a community
and comply to ASF, for log4j1 it is out of topic).
If current logging PMC does not want to release they will have the choice
to donate the group for an external project or let the release be done. For
that last point you need at least 3 PMC voting and if current one does not
want to do it they can always add new PMC member willing to release -
plenty are easily found, even just in this thread.

So please stick to the normal plan:

1. do the work
2. share it properly (one feature per patch/ticket, not all at once is what
I mean here ;))
3. solve the "how to release"

To be honest speaking of 3 without having 1 and 2 is pointless.

Just to push what I just said: we had the same in maven (surefire) and the
release had been done finally so back to keyboard if anyone wants it to
happen IMHO, no need to look for future issues before they are actually
actual.

Romain