Much easier to change the name before incubation. It’s not so much code as all
the infrastructure (mailing lists, git repos, web servers, svn files, …) that
goes along with a podling. It’s a lot of work for INFRA and for the
PPMC/champion.

Also, branding. Calcite entered incubation as ‘Optiq’ and then renamed, but not
before it had appeared in a few conference talks; people are still asking me
‘What happened to Optiq?'

Julian