Liabilities and Accounts Payable are not Equity type accounts so they don't belong there. They both are of type 'Liability' generally and belong in that part of the tree, but specifically, the Accounts Payable account is the special type 'Accounts Payable' in the GnuCash Edit Account dialog.

Fix that, try again, and then get back to us if you still have issues.

If your business passes through taxes to you personally, then you most likely only need one set of books (one book file in GnuCash) but that answer really depends on the requirements of your local jurisdiction. You'd need official professional advice on that point, and this is not it, and neither is this the forum for it. But we can help with 'how to do it' once you know what it is you are required/allowed to do.