On 4/4/24 4:02 PM, David G. Pickett wrote:

Ran OK for me last night, 28 seconds, but running too often seems to create errors:

2024-04-03 23:45:01 Start GnuCash_price_cron /home/dgp/GnuCash/ubuntu-DGPickett.gnucash ====================================

2024-04-03 23:45:01 Killing gnucash hard

2024-04-03 23:45:06 Removed any lck, adding price quotes
flatpak run --command=gnucash-cli org.gnucash.GnuCash --quotes get -- /home/dgp/GnuCash/ubuntu-DGPickett.gnucash F: X11 socket /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 does not exist in filesystem, trying to use abstract socket instead.

** (process:102885): WARNING **: 23:45:07.118: Failed to connect to bus: Could not connect: Connection refused
Found Finance::Quote version 1.59.

This error is from Flatpak. Could be related to this thread:

https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/938

Since GnuCash is running within a Flatpak, I would first address the Flatpak issue. As I suggested in my earlier responses, the problem is likely something else with your configuration. Seeing this Flatpak issue makes that belief stronger.

I'm curious if you don't have some sort of tmpwatch process removing /tmp/.X11-unix or files and directories underneath it. I could imagine if it gets removed while the Flatpak is running that strange issues could arise.

Bruce S.