I might be concluding wrong on this one. Libre Office Calc will accept them, and I just saved them again. But I think there might be more variables. It is detected as UTF16 by Libre Office Calc, so it might be a character set issue. Also, I do need to get my Gnucash upgraded, I am on 4.5 at the moment, so it might just be old. Would like to try out the Flatpak, but I can see that I need to do this the long way around.

/Jacob

On 2024-04-13 07:21, sunfis...@yahoo.com wrote:

Gnucash most definitely *will* accept tab delimited files. You just have to tell it to use that separator in the importer.

David T.
On Apr 13, 2024, at 12:54 AM, ja...@larsen.net wrote:

I was playing around with this a bit, unfortunately a large part of my
investments are ETFs listed on Xetra in Germany, which is not available
through the Google Finance services. The searching I did on it looked
like this was a "Won't fix" issue.

But it turns out that I am able to download CSV files with historical
data from my broker, so I am back in business. The files have basically
the full history of single instruments, so I can just download when I
get to it, and it will fill all the holes. Only challenge is that it
seems GnuCash will not accept the files directly as they are
tab-separated, but I can convert them to semi-colon separated files
through LibreOffice Calc, and then it works.

/Jacob