On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 4:26 AM Oleander via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> is "Housing" a proper account name if I want to include only my apartment
> expenses like Rent/Mortgage and Repairs&Maintenance? I'd like to record my
> Utilities expenses separately within another account so that my "Housing"
> account adds up only the expenses related to the building.
>
> If not, what would you use?
>
> I have a Housing account and beneath it, I have Mortgage, Repairs,
Maintenance, Mortgage Interest, Appliance, Linen as sub-categories.

Currently, I have Utilities as a separate expense header, with Electric,
Gas, Water, and Trash as sub-categories.

The layout of expenses is whatever makes sense to you and your needs.