To address your specific inquiry, just looking at the line you posted, the date format looks kind of wonky. I would expect something like " 5/ 4/21" or better would be something like 2021-05-04. I don't recall if Quicken will let you specify the date format when you export to QIF (the last time I did this stuff was 2018).

Given that QIF files appear to be binary, I don't know how you could go about correcting things even if you knew which part of a record was bad. At least the ones I have from when I did the process are binary.

That last is an experience/tools question. Hard if you never used a hex editor (if editing a binary file manually) or didn't have one. Hard if you have never written any serious shell scripts if writing a batch editing process or where in an environment lacking the standard tools of a 'nix OS. Hard if you have never written a program in any computer language to write a program to correct bad records.

But not hard for all of us.

Michael D Novack