On Fri,  5 Apr 2024 13:03, Todd Zullinger said:

> In such a case, it sounds like it may be reasonable to use
> the normal socket?  Until the remote side is updated to

In fact, I also did this for some time but later came up with

  CommitDate: Wed Oct 12 11:30:35 2022 +0200

    agent: Introduce attribute "Remote-list" to KEYINFO.

    * agent/command.c (do_one_keyinfo): Add arg list_mode.  Check
    attribute Remote-list.
    (cmd_keyinfo): Change semantics to return nothing in restricted list
    mode.

which is

  *** Remote-list
  Allow to list the key with the KEYINFO command from a remote machine
  via the extra socket.  A boolean value is expected; the default is
  "no".  Note that KEYINFO will anyway provide information if the
  keygrip is specified.

Not exactly your problem but somehow related.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein