Hi,

Werner Koch via Gnupg-users wrote:
> On Fri,  5 Apr 2024 13:03, Todd Zullinger said:
>
>> In such a case, it sounds like it may be reasonable to use
>> the normal socket?  Until the remote side is updated to
>
> In fact, I also did this for some time but later came up with
>
>   CommitDate: Wed Oct 12 11:30:35 2022 +0200
>
>     agent: Introduce attribute "Remote-list" to KEYINFO.
>
>     * agent/command.c (do_one_keyinfo): Add arg list_mode.  Check
>     attribute Remote-list.
>     (cmd_keyinfo): Change semantics to return nothing in restricted list
>     mode.
>
> which is
>
>   *** Remote-list
>   Allow to list the key with the KEYINFO command from a remote machine
>   via the extra socket.  A boolean value is expected; the default is
>   "no".  Note that KEYINFO will anyway provide information if the
>   keygrip is specified.
>
> Not exactly your problem but somehow related.

Neat.  I have probably read agent/keyformat.txt before, but
not in a long time and I never had any reason to consider
editing the .key files.

This caused me to re-read the document and I'll likely add
an additional Token: line to note the two cards which hold a
new key (which I have yet to start using).  That should make
it easier to move between the cards, it sounds like.

In the process, I spotted a few minor typos and sent a patch
to gnupg-devel.

Thanks again, Werner!

--
Todd