well, mathematics is some artform as well, or not ? At
least, this is what my maths high school teacher once
told us in class (the art to proof things, instead of
the science of doing experiments, the boundaries might
not be so clearcut however ).

When starting the question: What is art ? I would say
art is related to different forms of expression in
general. In particular, if one "looks" at music, there
would be a horizontal and a vertical component in it,
time and pitch/frequency (which is also some time
element... but it engages different direction of
movement then the rythmic/horizontal one).

Last, personally, I am very much interested in
transformations of expressions. this is what might
happen in classical music, some moments of joy, some
moments of depressions, and sometimes happy endings,
sometimes tragical endings. for sure, there is a
connection between art and emotions. might it be
related to (sub-)concious programming agents in our
brain ?

.... sorry if unclear.... but above areas made me
interested to join your mailing list.