On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:50:56 +0200, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
>There are *no* reserved words in Rexx like in many other languages. (This
>alleviates one to have to
>learn them by heart. But more importantly, should the language get additional
>keywords over time

I disagree.  Although it's context-sensitive.  But ITERATE and LEAVE are
keywords within DO loops, which may not be intuitively obvious.  Otherwise
they would be commands.  RETURN is generally a keyword.  And THEN
is a keyword in an IF.

>they would not break existing Rexx programs that happen to use them already,
>unlike other
>programming languages.)

Not true.  When I first learned Rexx, A='XYZ'B was legal.  Later, it became
a syntax error.

--
gil