On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 20:17:36 +0000, Robert Prins wrote:

>Try the two characters that are pretty much unique to REXX, "!" and "?"
>especially for small local loops.

Ugh!  But I confess I've done likewise at times.

I tried to refresh my memory and observed that the Rexx Ref.,
SA32-0972-60, is woefully inconsistent in its use f "symbol":

In Chapter 2. REXX general concepts 9
    Symbols:
        Symbols are groups of characters, selected from the: ...

But in Appendix E. REXX symbol and hexadecimal code cross-reference
    "Symbol" apparently means a single character.

Pubs oughta straighten that out.

--
gil