Hello Bob,

I use "cnt" for my loop counters. I stopped using FORTRAN style single
character variable names when I started coding in REXX.

Except I do use them on occasion for building large stem variable lists.

example:-

i=i+1;jcl.i="//BRUCESMP JOB (1234546),'Bruce SMP jobn',"
i=i+1;jcl.i="//             CLASS=A,                   "
i=i+1;jcl.i="//             MSGCLASS=X,                "
i=i+1;jcl.i="//             MSGLEVEL=(1,1),            "
i=i+1;jcl.i="//             NOTIFY=&SYSUID             "
i=i+1;jcl.i="//*                                       "

So many ways to use REXX.

Regards
Bruce