On 2024-04-20 16:41, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

With the new logic deciding on forward / backward jumps, the
low latency mode just came for free

Except the latency in zita-at1 0.8.1 is still around ~20ms, compared 2ms when using the current plugin's "fast mode".

Re. microtuning individual notes: I don't think the retuning
is ever accurate enough for this to be of any use. Or maybe
I misunderstand what you refer to.

It allows one to detune individual notes, and it is sufficiency accurate (not unlike changing the reference pitch or notebias).

Those controls are not exposed in the custom plugin UI. They are control ports that show up as automation lines in Ardour, or when editing the plugin with a generic control UI.

I think it is best to leave the current plugin as-is. Doing so will not break existing sessions using the plugin.

I have started a new project without all the custom patches made to the AT1 DSP, and without the variants of the current plugin. The new plugin will closely follow the upcoming zita-AT2.

What would be great (in particular for zita-at2) would be
a mode were you can e.g. select a region in Ardour, have it
analysed, present the result graphically so it can be edited,
and finally apply the edited version to the region...

It's highly unlikely that we'll reinvent Melodyne. The hard and time consuming part is not the DSP, but the the GUI. It is a full time project by itself.

But you never know, someone might step up and file a pull request out of the blue. Things like this happened before.

--
robin