On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 10:02:01PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:

> > > Except the latency in zita-at1 0.8.1 is still around ~20ms,
> >
> > It will be 10 ms when selecting low latency mode.
>
> At 48kHz sample-rate, Retuner::set_lowlat(true) sets Retuner::_latency to
> 1024.

1024 samples at 96 kHz (the signal is upsampled) is 10.67 ms.
And it will maintain that +/- half a cycle of the retuned
frequency. The worst case would be at 75 Hz, +/- 6.7 ms.
At higher pitch the variation will be less. The average
value will always be 10.67 ms.

The way 'fast mode' works in the x42 plugin could give you
a momentary latency of 2 ms, but the average value will be
quite a bit higher and depend on signal content. So that
2 ms is just snake oil.

Using the same misleading definition of 'latency' I could
claim whatever I like for zita-at1-0.8.1, even down to zero.

Anyway, I'll make sure that no such false claims will be
made of at2. Even if that means I just can't release it
under a license that allows modifications. There's more
than enough people who are prepared to accept a more
restrictive license, and even pay for it.

Ciao,

--
FA