Quoting Michael Vasiliev, from the post of Thu, 01 Feb:
> > > What reason do you have to believe that your identity is worth stealing?

actually I have something to add to that: how does a name on a list help
an identity thief? there's not enough information here about you to
abuse it.

> one of these topics is none of my business. I like to see who is who in this
> trade, but that's my point of view and I am not to project it on others. Not
> to mention that we all agree that withholding one's identity online is a
> right worth exercising. The question of how to do it efficiently is left as
> an exercise to the reader.

well, according to Google, my name draws a few results, so I'm already
out there and it's too late. My address and phone number are also online
on my site and in the whois DB. I don't publish my state ID and of
course not my credit card, because that would be bloody stupid of me of
course... I'm less likely to have my identity stolen from the archives
of this list than by the waiter at the pub I went to on thursday when he
takes my card.

--
The eighth deadly sin
Ira Abramov