On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Ira Abramov wrote:

Quoting Michael Vasiliev, from the post of Thu, 01 Feb:
What reason do you have to believe that your identity is worth stealing?

If you are truly paranoid I suggest two things:

1. Change your online id to single-letter strings of just one letter, Like:

  zzz zzzzzzz

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This makes searching by your name futile. Or do what I do and sign all your messages with 'Peter' or 'John'. There are about 100 million Johns out there and in case of identity theft they will likely take another John's identity.

2. Encode your birthday and snail mail address using a riddle that only a patient human can solve. Example:

  http://www.cogsci.indiana.edu/farg/harry/address.htm

(I solved that but it took a while)

3. Digitally sign your email. Not like the peasants do by adding four lines of gpg crud, put it in a custom header instead.

Peter