Jacob Champion <jacob.champ...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> ... Similar to how people currently use the
> Reviewer field as a personal TODO list... it might be nice to
> officially separate the ideas a bit.

Oh, that's an independent pet peeve of mine.  Usually, if I'm
looking over the CF list for a patch to review, I skip over ones
that already show an assigned reviewer, because I don't want to
step on that person's toes.  But it seems very common to put
one's name down for review without any immediate intention of
doing work.  Or to do a review and wander off, leaving the patch
apparently being tended to but not really.  (And I confess I'm
occasionally guilty of both things myself.)

I think it'd be great if we could separate "I'm actively reviewing
this" from "I'm interested in this".  As a bonus, adding yourself
to the "interested" list would be a fine proxy for the thumbs-up
or star markers mentioned upthread.

If those were separate columns, we could implement some sort of
aging scheme whereby somebody who'd not commented for (say)
a week or two would get quasi-automatically moved from the "active
reviewer" column to the "interested" column, whereupon it wouldn't
be impolite for someone else to sign up for active review.

                        regards, tom lane