Rodney,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It turns out this is just a problem with the base R  for Mac graphics window
(which is to say, the version I like).  I can still use R-studio (which I don’t
like as much).

I can wait patiently for a patch to the Mac version while using R-Studio.

That way I don’t have to go through the hassle of trying to reinstall 13.x and
dumping 14.0.

Bill

> On Oct 1, 2023, at 11:22 AM, Sparapani, Rodney <rspar...@mcw.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Bill:
>  Well, I am usually pretty cautious about this.  I don’t move to the
> next release until R is ready.  For Ventura, it took quite awhile
> before that happened.  Sorry
>  --
> Rodney Sparapani, Associate Professor of Biostatistics, He/Him/His
> Vice President, Wisconsin Chapter of the American Statistical Association
> Institute for Health and Equity, Division of Biostatistics
> Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Campus
>  From: R-SIG-Mac <r-sig-mac-boun...@r-project.org> on behalf of William
> Revelle <li...@revelle.net>
> Date: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 11:19 AM
> To: r-sig-mac@r-project.org <r-sig-mac@r-project.org>
> Subject: [R-SIG-Mac] R 4.3.1 fails on Mac OS 1
> ATTENTION: This email originated from a sender outside of MCW. Use caution
> when clicking on links or opening attachments.
> ________________________________
>
> Dear Mac users of R and developers.
>

> I recently updated to the Sonoma OS for Mac  (14.0)  and it has a serious
> problem for graphics.
>
> plot(1:10) creates a graphic window but I can not switch back to the console
> window using either command-1 or the mouse.
>
> Anybody else having this problem?  Any suggestions for a patch?
>
> I am running a MacBook Pro with M1 Max.
>
> Bill
>

> (resent because of bad mail address)
> William Revelle            personality-project.org/revelle.html
> Professor                    personality-project.org
> Department of Psychology
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/__;!!H8mHWRdzp34!6ejyrhAkkZDmz7rI2sf4kna51unncXyvnIMc9xJ12h6pMfylTwNR8QeWq8RTUAAR7NMYOzH5OX_pOA$
> Northwestern University
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.northwestern.edu/__;!!H8mHWRdzp34!6ejyrhAkkZDmz7rI2sf4kna51unncXyvnIMc9xJ12h6pMfylTwNR8QeWq8RTUAAR7NMYOzE95PXdSw$
> Use R for psychology                 personality-project.org/r
> It is 90 seconds to midnight
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.thebulletin.org__;!!H8mHWRdzp34!6ejyrhAkkZDmz7rI2sf4kna51unncXyvnIMc9xJ12h6pMfylTwNR8QeWq8RTUAAR7NMYOzFQyyeCDA$

William Revelle            personality-project.org/revelle.html
Professor                    personality-project.org
Department of Psychology         www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/
Northwestern University            www.northwestern.edu/
Use R for psychology                 personality-project.org/r
It is 90 seconds to midnight    www.thebulletin.org