Kevin,

> On 4/10/2023, at 5:27 AM, Kevin Thorpe <kevin.tho...@utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> I am wondering if this is just an issue on M1/2 chips or does it also affect
> Intel?

It is an issue with Sonoma macOS new TUI classes and not the architecture so it
will affect both.

> I usually hold off upgrading until the first or second patch, but I feel I
> should warn students in my class.

Definitely - I always tell them not to upgrade right away as major macOS
versions are notoriously buggy. Ideally, you shouldn't upgrade until next R
patch release since if macOS breaks something we can't fix (officially) it
until the next release.

Cheers,
Simon