When I go on a two day ride, I just put my phone in airplane mode. It (a
five-year-old iPhone) will stay charged for more than a week that way. When
I need to use it for anything other than a camera, I take it off airplane
mode. As Max suggested, you can also carry an external battery for charging
in a pinch.
-Wes