On the latest "release candidate" for OS X Big Sur + corresponding Xcode
and command line tools, Sage now builds for me. With various homebrew
packages installed, I can run "./configure" and "make", and the build
succeeds. There are a number of doctest failures with the message

    ld: warning: dylib
(/Users/palmieri/Sage/sage-9.3.beta0/local/lib/libec.dylib) was built for
newer macOS version (11.0) than being linked (10.15)

Once I suppress those, I only get a handful of doctest errors, at least
some of which are because of Python 3.9 issues. So there is significant
progress here, compared to a few weeks ago.

--
John