If you have a random subset of partially outdated Homebrew packages,
spiced up with manually installed random crap in /usrr/local/, there
is no chance of getting things right on Homebrew.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 6:19 PM John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my experience, homebrew's "ntl" package can lead to problems when building
> Sage, so if possible, try deleting it.

Why?! It all works, if you install the recommended by ./configure
list. And if not, open a ticket, stop spreading FUD here please.

We either adapt a systematic approach, with putting more and more
packages into Homebrew, or we will keep dragging our feet here.