Hi Clint,

I think my latest proposal [1] is essentially what you are proposing in
option #2, the only difference being that we would add repositories
containing weak keys to https://cabforum.org/resources/tools/ (and we can
do that without a ballot). If you are instead proposing that we require CAs
to check for a specified weak keys contained in one or more repositories,
then that is similar to Aaron's proposal except that I understand you want
to require CAs to also check for weak keys even if they sign non-standard
key sizes that are not included in the repository of weak keys.

The more I think about the two approaches, the more I prefer my current
proposal [1] that does not require CAs to check for specific keys found in
one or more repositories. The reason is that I believe CAs already have
Debian weak key checks in place and would likely prefer not to have to
change their systems to use different logic/data to meet the same
requirement as before.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] https://github.com/wthayer/servercert/pull/1/files