Karen Lu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a problem with the spambayes installation on one computer in
> our network.  We are currently using windows XP PRO and have a 2007
> version of Microsoft outlook.  The version of spambayes that I
> downloaded is 1.0.4.  I also downloaded python 2.5 for windows.  I
> restarted the computer after these programs were installed.
>
> Everything seems to download successfully but when I go into outlook,
> the spambayes toolbar is visible but it does not work.  If I click on
> the 'delete as spam' button, nothing happens and there is no automatic
> sorting of junk suspects or junk mail.
>
> This is strange since spambayes was successfully added to everyone
> else's computer in the office.
>
> Many thanks for your help and happy new year!
> Karen Lu,

You didn't need to install Python*.  Python is only necessary when
building from the source code.  You should have downloaded and installed
the installer version (.exe).  Try it again and make sure that Outlook
is "detected" and checked by default.  If it isn't "detected", then
something weird is happening.

* You probably installed Python as a result of Spambayes not appearing
right away.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President