I totally agree with that. On most systems it is much more important to have a
feature-rich library than a very small one. Any application where a few bytes
more or less matter should be written in pure assembler anyway.

----- Original Message -----
From: Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 18:18:51
Subject: [sqlite] Size of the SQLite library

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:44 PM Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> For many years, we have boasted that the size of the SQLite library is
> "less than half a megabyte".

Given where the conversation is going, let me point out that many do not
care one bit about the lib's size :)

I'd much rather have an SQLite with tons of features, than forego those in
the name saving a few bytes,
to save a few bucks on the embedded chip and flash for commercial products
that don't even pay for SQLite.

SQLite is already amazingly small for the value it brings. And if people
want "smaller", they can still stick
with older leaner versions of SQLite too. My $0.02... --DD