On 2018-10-24 13:42, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:10 PM Wout Mertens <wout.mert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...] write the rules in Ye Olde English. [..]
>
> He was "Italian", and more likely to write in Latin, not English, old or
> new.
> The SQLite doc is English only because that's DRH native tong (I assume).

   Minor point, but I don't think the English translation is used merely
because of drh's native tongue; it also happens to be a good choice to
use English on the Internet so as many people as possible can read it.

> Lets not pretend the rules are from English origin please. --DD

   I don't think that was what Wout meant.  Read "Ye Olde English" as
"Aesthetically 'old'", not "use the original".  Point was merely to give
some visual clues to the reader that "the original is very old", since
it's clear a lot of people aren't reading the first part of the
document.  And again, English is a good choice to reach as many as possible.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan