On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM Jan Danielsson <jan.m.daniels...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Lets not pretend the rules are from English origin please. --DD
>
>    I don't think that was what Wout meant.  Read "Ye Olde English" as
> "Aesthetically 'old'", not "use the original".  Point was merely to give
> some visual clues to the reader that "the original is very old", since
> it's clear a lot of people aren't reading the first part of the
> document.  And again, English is a good choice to reach as many as
> possible.

Indeed.

Suppose drh would have referred to some ancient Buddhist or Hindu document,
then I think there wouldn't be as much complaining. In early hacker
culture, there is much referencing to koans

The Christian outlook is however very familiar to most readers here, and
has connotations of bible-thumpers and meddling. If I wanted to buy an
ice-cream and some angry bible-belter would only sell it if I promise to
repent and whatnot, I would certainly forgo the purchase. I think this is
what some people are imagining.

Adding more easy-to-grasp context to the CoC would help IMHO.

Wout.