On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 9/6/16, Nelson, Erik - 2 <erik.l.nel...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
> >
> > What percentage of sqlite.org hits are mobile browsers?
>
> How do I tell?
>
> The website saw 2748 distinct UserAgent strings within just the past
> 24 hours (a holiday in the USA, FWIW).  How do I tell which of those
> are bots, mobile devices, and/or desktops?

Two projects i've worked on the past few years have tasked me with figuring
that out. The answer is, unfortunately, that it cannot be done anywhere
near reliably. They are free-form strings, often intentionally obfuscated
(MSIE does this now, we recently discovered, presumably to try to keep
people from implementing IE-specific workarounds).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/