On 6 Sep 2016, at 1:03pm, Nelson, Erik - 2 <erik.l.nel...@bankofamerica.com>
wrote:

> What percentage of sqlite.org hits are mobile browsers?  I agree there's
> nothing of use to a mobile device on the download page, and it seems like
> mobile devices (at least ones with small screens) are not well suited to
> reading technical documentation, no matter how 'responsive'.

Tablets.  Tablets running Android or iOS.  I'm programmers who have their
development environment taking up their computer display and when they need to
look up documentation (either formal documentation or googling something) they
do it on a tablet so it doesn't mess with their display layout.  It is a low
proportion, though, as you point out.

As for download links on the homepage, the navigation bar is still there.  If
someone on a mobile OS really wants the download page, they can find it.  But
it might be an idea to add an explicit 'Download' link to the 'Common Links'
list on the homepage, rather than just include it as the first step of 'Getting
Started'.

Simon.