On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 10:09:38 +0000, you wrote:

>On 13 Mar 2020, at 09:35, Peter da Silva <res...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What do you mean there have been "just a few threads" in the mailing list?
>> I can barely keep up with it.
>
> As a lurker I can say that this mailing list suits just
> fine. Another forum means another username/password I have
> to manage.

I'm mostly a lurker myself. I lurk many mailing lists, all
require a username/password. One more doesn't matter much.
My experience with the fossil-forum is positive, it has not
changed my reading habits. I just subscribed to its email
notifications, and I get everything threaded in the same way
as a mailing list.

> On a list, the contributions come in date order
> which is easier to manage than, rather than as with a forum,
> having them grouped by thread. In fact, with this list,
> there's no management at all required. An advantage of
> writing one's own email client is extra added features which
> are just right for me: I can limit the size of a mailbox to
> a certain number of mails. For the sqlite list, it's 10k
> mails. More than that and the oldest get moved to the Trash
> automatically.
> It's all I need.

With a subscription to email notifications of the sqlite-forum
you can lurk in just the same way as the sqlite-users mailing list.
Threaded or in date order, whatever your email client supports.
Just try it, your worries will vanish soon.

--
Regards,
Kees Nuyt