Hello Raj,

I strongly recommend that you take any feedback seriously - it's a very rare and very valuable commodity in our business! That doesn't mean that you must make accept without question every correction that your reviewers may suggest. You need to exercise your professional judgement to decide which suggested corrections are suitable for your work.

The audience for your user manual is made up of all the people who are using, or who may potentially use, the product you are describing. The fact that they have or don't have the product installed when they see your manual for the first time is not the deciding factor.

Hope this helps

David Farbey

raj nair wrote:
Imagine that I give a user manual to a potential user to read it without installing or using the application. Simultaneously, I give the same document to another person, who has installed the application and can verify the information in the user manual. In an ideal situation, who exactly is my correct audience? Is it the guy with the installed application and user manual, or the other one? Also, whose feedback should I take seriously?
I just want to know how you will deal with such a situation.

Climate, controversies and the changing signatures of nature
http://green.in.msn.com/
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or HTML and
publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals. Download Free Trial.
www.doctohelp.comhttp://www.techcommpros.com/componentone/

Need help? Contact listad...@techcommpros.com

David Farbey
da...@farbey.co.uk