Your "target audience" is readers who have not installed and used the product, but your "target audience" often doesn't know what it doesn't know, and that is what your experienced reviewers are there to tell you. And you should take *everybody's* feedback seriously.

My preference would be to get reviews from the experienced readers, and after incorporating the results of those reviews, test what I think is the release candidate for the document on inexperienced ones to see if they can actually use the manual to install and run the product.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "raj nair" <raj_gree...@hotmail.com>

Imagine that I give a user manual to a potential user to read it without installing or using the application. Simultaneously, I give the same document to another person, who has installed the application and can verify the information in the user manual.

In an ideal situation, who exactly is my correct audience? Is it the guy with the installed application and user manual, or the other one? Also, whose feedback should I take seriously?

I just want to know how you will deal with such a situation.

solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or HTML and
publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals. Download Free Trial.
www.doctohelp.comhttp://www.techcommpros.com/componentone/