Mnyb wrote:
> it is said so , however when i transcode i can play whole albums , so
> what is Turnandcough using for a server ? is this only happening with
> 192kHz files .
> If one forces all flac to transcode to PCM normal 16/44.1 files gets
> transcoded as well as any other sample rate 48k/88.2k/96k .
>
> So Turnandcough could have some other issue unrelated to EDO , note I'm
> not using EDO my few 192k files transcode to 96k so it migth be an issue
> with some rates and forcing to PCM .
> Other folks in this tread transcodes 192k to PCM without problem or do
> they ?
>
> (HD tracks 96k version vs their 192k version could be fodder for another
> audiophile tread btw , normally it is not humanly possible to hear the
> diff between 96k and 192k if all things are equal ? but are they ?
> given HD-tracks history it would not surprise me if all their versions
> actually sounded different but for completely other reason than the
> bitrate. I usually opt for the 96k version myself .
> But if anyone has made the effort to get all 3 version of HD-track
> release CD quality 96k and 192k are they really cut from the same master
> ,no extra loudness war compression on the CD version ? any other obvious
> differences like different volume levels.
> Please open a tread in the audiophile forum about that if you have such
> info )

I too was under the impression that EDO was capable of streaming 24/192
FLAC. My server is nothing fancy just, a basic PC running XP SP3
connected via ethernet.
I have no problems streaming 16/44 or 24/96 FLAC files.  Actually I
don't really have any interest in 24/192 over 24/96 or even well
recorded redbook per se but It's nice to know that my system can handle
them. I have stumbled on a few albums that were available in 16/44 or
24/192 but not 24/96.