Turnandcough wrote:
> I too was under the impression that EDO was capable of streaming 24/192
> FLAC. My server is nothing fancy, just a basic PC running XP SP3
> connected via ethernet.
> I have no problems streaming 16/44 or 24/96 FLAC files.  Actually I
> don't really have any interest in 24/192 over 24/96 or even well
> recorded redbook per se, but it's nice to know that my system can handle
> them. I have stumbled on a few albums that were available in 16/44 or
> 24/192 but not 24/96.

I have two SB Touch. One is in it's default state with EDO, the other
has TT3.0+EDO. Both run fw 7.8 (r16736). I use triode's Screen Off
screensaver on both. I've got LMS v7.8 running on two Linux boxes, one
is Vortexbox on a 1.7gHz laptop, the other a ReadyNas Ultra 2 Plus. My
network is switched 100MB, no wireless and I use S/PDIF coax out on both
SBs.

I can stream albums as FLAC or PCM to my Squeezeboxes with no dropouts
or rebuffering, with any resolution up to 24/192. I can even do this
with the BrutefirDRC plugin enabled on LMS. This taxes the resources on
the Linux boxes, no doubt, but no rebuffering or dropouts while a track
is playing. I see occational rebuffering on track transitions with
192kHz though.

Maybe Turnandcough's problem is related to LMS on Windows vs LMS on
Linux?

soundcheck:: we're waiting for a new version of your TT that integrates
smoothly with triode's EDO.