Hi Yiming,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Yiming (John) Zhang <sdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I was wondering whether there is a method of
> reusing locally-built components without installing them? That is, if I have
> successfully built the spark project as a whole, how should I configure it so
> that I can incrementally build (only) the "spark-examples" sub project
> without the need of downloading or installation?

As Sean suggest, you shouldn't need to install anything. After "mvn
install", your local repo is a working Spark installation, and you can
use spark-submit and other tool directly within it.

You just need to remember to rebuild the assembly/ project when
modifying Spark code (or the examples/ project when modifying
examples).

--
Marcelo