You can set SPARK_PREPEND_CLASSES=1 and it should pick your new mllib
classes whenever you compile them.

I don't see anything similar for examples/, so if you modify example
code you need to re-build the examples module ("package" or "install"
- just "compile" won't work, since you need to build the new jar).

Marcelo