From: Chuck Caldarale <n82...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2024 9:14 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: [EXT]Re: Tomcat 10 session replication fails

[You don't often get email from n82...@gmail.com. Learn why this is important
at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

> On Apr 11, 2024, at 07:56, Rick Noel <rn...@westwoodone.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> We have our app running on Tomcat10 and doing clustering,but are getting the
> following errors seen int the Catalina log.......
>
> Apr 11, 2024 8:14:43 AM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager
> waitForSendAllSessions
> SEVERE: Manager [##0001]: No session state sent at [4/11/24, 8:13 AM]
> received, timing out after [60,068] ms.
> Apr 11, 2024 8:14:43 AM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager
> getAllClusterSessions
> WARNING: Manager [##0001]: Drop message [SESSION-GET-ALL] inside
> GET_ALL_SESSIONS sync phase start date [4/11/24, 8:13 AM] message date
> [4/11/24, 8:13 AM]
> 11-Apr-2024 08:14:43.456
>
> The error, to me, indicates that the session data is not being sent out.
>
> We are running this app in our dev environment, and in this dev environment
> the app runs on only one machine.
> In our live environment the app runs on two machines and traffic goes through
> a load balancer.
> This may be a dumb question but are we getting these errors because we are
> running the app on only one machine, and clustering cannot be done on one
> machine?

Likely. From the Tomcat clustering doc:

If your Tomcat instances are running on the same machine, make sure the
Receiver.port attribute is unique for each instance, in most cases Tomcat is
smart enough to resolve this on it's own by autodetecting available ports in
the range 4000-4100

You appear to have configured 5001 as the receiver port on both.

>         <Membership
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"
>
>                     address="228.0.0.4"
>
>                     port="45565"
>
>                     frequency="500"
>
>                     dropTime="3000"/>
>
>         <Receiver
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"
>
>                   address="auto"
>
>                   port="5001"
>
>                   selectorTimeout="100"
>
>                   maxThreads="6"/>

  - Chuck

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you know the sender and you are sure the
content is safe. Please report the message using the Report Message feature in
your email client if you believe the email is suspicious.