I'm not sure if this is really 313 related by perhaps has a "back in the
day" link.

Can anyone tell me who originally did the "speech" that starts "This poem..."
in a Jamacian (?) accent.  For a link to a sample of the speech that I'm
talking about (and perhaps the original song?), check:

http://www.biostat.wisc.edu/~rose/house/jihad.ram @ 39:00.0 (comes in shortly)

As well, is there a cut of that speech that is a capella?  I've only heard
it via
some old house mixes via Frankie Knuckles and Derrick Carter and it seemed
a capella.

Any associated history lessons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been
read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email
messages.