I heard a remix recently by Thomas Schumacher a track called Lust on bush records he uses "the Poem" with the baseline from Micheal Jacksons Billie Jean worth a listen for something different
Ben

Original is by Bobby Konders called "The Poem"
on a NYC label that escapes my mind as I type this.
Remade recently (er, a year ago) on Guidance records.
Original came out in the late 1980s and is a heartfelt
classic. Konders has always been a big fan/proponent
of roots and culture. he wasn't the guy who did the vocal,
thouygh. andrew duke