ok... i can't intersperse comments very effectively with this email client we
have at my office... so here goes...

stephen has made a great point: the 312 discussion that goes on here does not
have to stop. I just think it would be nice to have an additional resource for
312 information and a separate outlet for discussion.  i also believe that a 312
list will attract a different audience, as there are those that are into chicago
more than detroit and may not be aware that the 313 list has chicago content and
are therefore not currently subscribed.  unless you want to change this to be
the 313/312 list, i don't see how that audience would ever be attracted to a
purely 313 list just based on its description.

another one of my main reasons for desiring a 312 list is for discussion of
events and happenings in the area.  currently, the only postings we get here of
312 events are when detroit people are playing in chi town.  now i know that i
don't live there... but you can't blame me for wanting to live vicariously in
another city...  dc is pretty bland...

as far as the "additional noise" issue... if you are currently content with the
amount of 312 content on this list, then don't subscribe to the new list.  and
many people here are already subbed to multiple lists, so i know you can manage
your mail...

peace,

stephen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/06/2000 05:31:49 AM