One CD compilation series that is quite respected among true Italo-disco fans, is the Legend series. If I remember correctly they were made in Holland, and were bootlegs. Check for more info:

www.geocities.com/FashionAvenue/Mall/9692/legend/Legend-E.html

"Cheesiness" is part of the Italo disco sound, but yet there's so much good obscure freak stuff, that when your hear it, you start to understand where the whole HOTMIX-sound takes it's inspiration. Italo disco collectors are quite serious collectors, willing to pay huge money if a rare record comes to sight... But the stuff I'm into, the "freak" early eighties stuff is not that expensive, and should be found easily. Make connections to collectors in Europe, and ask.

Proffit

From: "_Caltrop _" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) OT: Italo Disco
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:44:16 PDT

I was looking for something like that, too. But oftentimes there's a lot of
cheese on these CD's. But you could get a picture of the mainstream italo
disco sound, if you remember chart hits such as "Vamos a la playa", "I like
chopin", "self control". I think I-f's new mix CD showcases the more obscure
italo stuff.
somebody has to put these tracks on wax again, please!!!!
my fave ones (in general) are:
Charlie- Spacer Woman
Electric Workers - Robot is Systematic
Lime - On the Grid
X-ray connection - Get Ready...

(more ones are yet to be (re)discovered)