Why not buy the originals instead? I looked at the tracklisting on it, and it seemed like the comp. was a collection of the 12" "hits" from Assault's label....

It's always something "trendy" that the mags wanna cash on, be it "Detroit", "Chicago", "Ghetto BASS" etc... Funnily there has not been a "Ghetto houz" -mania on those papers as I can recall, few mentions of Dance Mania and DJ Funk but that's about it. Maybe it's because IT IS quite extreme culture; couple of labels and the most hostile minimal music that no average listener understands...

Wonder if they can manage to link MIAMI BASS to the current BASS hype;)

Proffit

From: Erkki Rautio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org (Detroit Mon Amour)
Subject: Re: (313) Techno Rebels
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:30:12 +0300 (EET DST)

>Something more on-topic: saw DJ Assault's 'Belle Isle Tech' (Mo' Wax)
in a local record store - worth purchasing? And is the vinyl
version unmixed...? It's interesting that UK dance mags seem to have
now all gone into Ghetto Bass...

Peace from an arctic cat,

  e. rautio, also known as pHinn
* the webmaster of pHinnWeb - the old skool, the nu skool *
* and the pHuture skool of Finnish electronic music       *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.sci.fi/~phinnweb             *

  http://www.sci.fi/~phinnweb/flyers/trebass/ [060500]