Yea, I remember buying bass magnetic by Aux 88 back in  94' or 95 and to me
it just sounded like DJ Magic Mike with a little Cybotron influence.
Remember those cheesy Bass CD's people would buy in the late 80's early 90's
when it was like popular to have a lowrider with 19" woofers, you would hear
nothing but 808 bass and distorted hi-hats.