In a message dated 14/04/00 1:37:09 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> well, what to say. i visited two weeks ago the star trek exposition in
>  rotterdam.
>  it was in holland for some months, don't know where it's actually now
>
>  together with a friend i was actually beamed up!  really cool, we had to
>  bounce some crystals. (really, i'm not talking shit here) it was the
nicest
>  part of the exposition, together with old suits being exposed. the rest
was
>  somewhat childish
>
>  a pity were the prices in the start trek shop, videos, posters etc but
also
>  including crew clothes, are really ridicoulous expensive.
>
>  but it sure was fun
>
>  for all dutch, star trek is everyday at net5, and weekly on sat on ned1

Speaking of the Lowlands - Star trek connection, I'm sure that Speedy J's
Beam Me Up! label has something to do with it. He also has a track by the
same name on his Ginger LP.

There's also a direct reference to Star Trek in Dark Comedy's (Kenny Larkin)
classic War of the Worlds 12" on Transmat - track called Corbomite Manouvre,
which was a Captain Kirk tactical specialty.

BTW Marsel, how were you "beamed up"? Details?

A_Zed
Program Co-ordinator,  Ambient Zone RTRFM 92.1
Sunday Electronic Listening  [http://rtrfm.ii.net]
Perth, W.Aust (WST) 23.00-01.00 Detroit (EST) 10.00-12.00
Frankfurt         (CET) 16.00-18.00  London(GMT) 15.00-17.00